- Design = think about eliminating friction
- Positioning defines how your product is a leader at delivering something that a well-defined set of customers cares a lot about. Your positioning needs to position you against the status quo if you want to convince customers to act
- To make asymmetrical returns on your goal, one needs to be good at selling an asymmetrical story. Which is why in attention driven markets doom and villain stories are better business than calm objective stories.
- It’s more about understanding how that technology or business process creates an accumulating unfair advantage.
- Desperation breeds innovation.
- Prioritize long-term value over short-term profit = decisions that put customers before short-term shareholders (investors, employees, and yourself).